PowerCOBOL Migration - Officially released! It's here...!!!
- The new PRIMA PowerCOBOL to .NET Migration toolset extension is available for FREE download and use! For more information, click here!
The problem of migrating PowerCOBOL forms and scriptlets has been
addressed and the new tool is available from the link above. We are seeking to improve the percentages for
out-of-the-box and you will receive free upgrades if you register
your DEMO copy.
All of the previous "pre-release" information is now superseded and a complete set of new videos will be released during the coming months.
IF YOU USE POWERCOBOL YOU SHOULD CHECK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MODERNIZING IT!
(The PowerCOBOL Migration Tool (PCOB2NET) can AUTOMATICALLY take your PowerCOBOL Projects and turn them into Windows Forms which run in .Net.
- NewsFlash! (September, 2018) Release 3 of PCOB2NET, which implements DGV and Third Party Control pass-thru to .Net, is available now!
You can get it by contacting us directly, or by downloading Release 2 and registering it, from this site.
Once you have registered the software ($50 from our online shop - find it on the RIFFLE menu), we will upgrade you to Release 3 at no further charge.
- The new PRIMA Web Site is officially released! (you are using it... )The web site is a COBOL friendly place for developers, analysts, and IT management. It has been secured using the https: protocol, there is NO advertising, NO permanent cookies, NO tracking of your browsing, NO attempt to acquire you or your address as a marketing resource, and you can remove yourself from our registration database any time you want to.
The PRIMA side of the site is aimed at raising awareness of our company and our products, while the COBOL21 side of the site is intended as a place for people who may be dealing with COBOL, to get tips and information and to meet and share thoughts. Check out the Lounge, which has a Blog and a Bar where you can chat.
- Remote Application Validation (RAV) has been integrated into all our package products. If you develop software for sale to others you should take a look at RAV as a product to protect and monitor the use of your software. It is deployed all over the world and has never failed.
- The option to generate Data Access Layer objects in C# and LINQ has been developed and tested. This functionality is available as a separate tool and can be purchased as an option with the Toolset.
This layer uses exactly the same interface as the existing COBOL/ESQL objects and can be invoked from COBOL or any other language that supports the Component Object Model (COM).
Using LINQ removes the requirement for COBOL to access RDBs with ODBC and tests have shown the LINQ DAL objects perform up to 5 times faster than the ESQL objects. You can try it for yourself; details here...
Here are some new or "arriving soon" items on the site: