PowerCOBOL Migration - It's here...!!!
- The new PRIMA PowerCOBOL to .NET Migration toolset extension is available for FREE download and use! For more information, click here!
- The problem of migrating PowerCOBOL forms and scriptlets has been
addressed and the new tool is available from the link above. We are seeking to improve the percentages for
out-of-the-box and you will receive free upgrades if you register
your DEMO copy.
All of the previous "pre-release" information is now superseded and a complete set of new videos will be released with the tool.
The free downloads of release 1 are no longer available, but people who downloaded the trial will be eligible for extended trials of Release 2 and, in some cases, a free upgrade.
IF YOU USE POWERCOBOL YOU SHOULD CHECK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MODERNIZING IT!
(The PowerCOBOL Migration Tool (PCOB2NET) can AUTOMATICALLY take your PowerCOBOL Projects and turn them into Windows Forms which run in .Net.
ALL of your existing COBOL Scriptlets are salvaged and refactored into full COBOL code-behinds that drive the new Forms. You can also mix code in other languages with the COBOL, or replace the COBOL if you want to.
If you currently use Fujitsu PowerCOBOL and are looking for a modernization path, you really should check out this product.)
- Remote Application Validation (RAV) has been integrated into all our package products. This means we can allow individually tailored DEMOs. You can try our products for individually agreed periods/runs. If you develop software for sale to others you should take a look at RAV as a product to protect and monitor the use of your software. It is deployed all over the world and has never failed.
- Our Web presence is being refurbished and the COBOL21 and PRIMA sites are being combined. We have moved from the traditional web style UI to a more modern Windows tiled (Metro) interface. This has necessarily been a lower priority task but we have decided to complete the web site in time for the launch of Release 2 of the PowerCOBOL migration.
- The option to generate Data Access Layer objects in C# and LINQ has been developed and tested. This functionality is available as a separate tool and can be purchased as an option with the Toolset.
This layer uses exactly the same interface as the existing COBOL/ESQL objects and can be invoked from COBOL or any other language that supports the Component Object Model (COM).
Using LINQ removes the requirement for COBOL to access RDBs with ODBC and tests have shown the LINQ DAL objects perform up to 5 times faster than the ESQL objects. You can try it for yourself; details here...
Here are some new or "arriving soon" items on the site: